Thursday, January 12, 2012

Frosted Windowpanes...


No, I'm not talking about the Christmas song but the "Frosted Window" technique that was featured on SCS yesterday. I loved it when I saw the sample and decided to give it a try as this year I am personally challenging myself to two things. First, actually TRY new techniques and second, USE tools that I haven't used already. Here's a link to the Wednesday tutorial on SCS with step-by-step instructions & video and a close-up of the frosted window.



For my card today I used an embellishment that I love, pearls, and I used quite a few in various ways including Buttercup Liquid Pearls by Ranger. My designer papers are from Origins paper pad by Basic Grey and I paired it with yellow and white cardstock because I needed a reminder that spring is on the way. :-)  Daffodils always signal that winter will soon be over so I chose an image from Just Rite's set, The Greatest Joy, and used three shades each of yellow and green Copic's to color my stamped images. The technique requires you to stamp one image on cs and color in darker shades then stamp it again on vellum and color with the lighter shades. A Spellbinders die was used to cut a window for the images to show through and I accented it with  5mm pearls. The two coordinating dp's needed a break point so I used Webster's Pages yellow crochet trim, a MS punch that mimics the trim, and more pearls to do the job. Just Rite's birthday sentiment is stamped in a matching green hue and framed with liquid pearls. I should mention that the seam binding which I made the bow from is a little "happy" that was wrapped around products I ordered from Emma's Paperie, love that about them. 

This was a great technique to try and they say "practice makes perfect" so I'm definitely going to give this one another try. Hope you like it and that you have fun crafting today!
~Lisa

Stamps: The Greatest Joy Set  & All Occasions Nested Sentiments (Just Rite Stampers)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Bamboo Leaves
Paper: Origins (BG), Bazzill Mexican Poppy & Diamond cs, Choice Snow White (TE), vellum
Accessories: Spellbinders Lacey Ovals & Long Cl. Rectangles Lg.; pearls (PS & Kaisercraft); Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Copics; Yellow Trim (Webster's Pages); Gothic Arches border punch (MS); yellow seam binding (Emma's Paperie); Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon); foam tape & 3D dots

3 comments:

Margaret said...

It is FREEZING cold, windy, and snowing here and then I see your bright,sunny, and amazing card! Instant spring!
Love the windowpane technique (saw this but haven't tried it yet) and the pearls are gorgeous embellishments! Thanks for my little make believe trip into spring!!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Lisa! Those pretty Daffodils are a sure sign of Spring! Love the fancy border!

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm with Margaret...lovely jaunt into Spring this was. :D
thanks Lisa for the links too, I'm going to be checking that out.
I hope you're having a FABULOUS weekend.
hugs,
L2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...