Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vintage Flowers




Designed by Lisa S. for Nicecrane Designs
 
Hi everyone, hope your week has been going well so far. I'm excited to share two cards & a gift tag that I made using Nicecrane Design's Flowers From Vintage Books CS. The images are gorgeous and can be used for your crafting and home decor needs. They not only make beautiful cards but their excellent to use on altered projects and for framing. A collection of these flowers framed individually or as a group would make a wonderful accent to any wall. I can also see them decoupaged on an altered gift box with matching note cards inside, perfect for gift giving any time of the year. I'm including two preview sheets that feature the floral collage sheets, my projects today are from the first collage sheet but I can't wait to work with the second one. ;-)





 

The possibilities are endless but for my purposes today I created cards to send to Operation Write Home. This organization collects handmade cards from crafters and sends them to areas where US troops are deployed overseas. Let's face it, there aren't any Hallmark's in the deserts of Afghanistan lol. As most of you know, my son joined the Army in April of this year and he is currently in training but will most likely be stationed overseas next year when he graduates. This organization assists  military personnel everywhere in reaching out to their loved one's with a card. If you would like more information or would like to participate in this worthy cause click here.  Here's my second card and gift tag and as you can see there are no embellishments. OWH requests that you send cards that are not dimensional so they can be mailed easily and no additional postage is required. I did include bows but they will mash flat and on the purple card I do have low profile pearls but they do not add weight or too much height so I think I'm good. Hope so! You can see why I love using these gorgeous vintage images now. They don't require a lot of fuss because they make a terrific stand alone focal point.


Designed by Lisa S. for Nicecrane Designs

Designed by Lisa S. for Nicecrane Designs




Thanks for stopping by and to see more of Nicecrane Design's gorgeous vintage images, collage sheets and scrapbooking products just visit the site here and pick up your favorites today!
 
Have a blessed day,
Lisa




 


 

11 comments:

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwww Lisa, absolutely a delcious to watch,,,,,so elegant, so different, love your bakcs and all over the way you used my flowers over these stunning die cuts....very well done.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Awww, lovely cards Lisa! Gorgeous elegant design and the flower images look so beautiful! xx

Sandie said...

Beautiful cards, those images are so pretty. Never seen them previously. I especially love the red one at the top, so elegant!

Tracy said...

Wowzers! These really are gorgeous in simple settings. You've shown them off to perfection Lisa. Beautiful! Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Love the beautiful flower images!

Peanut said...

Oh my! They're lovely. Such elegant creations, Lisa.

hugs

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful cards Lisa
Love them.

Greetings Janny

downrightcrafty said...

stunning cards
Hugs Kate x

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Pretty Lisa! Love your Wonderful collection of cards and Sweet tag too! Such Lovley images! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Margaret said...

These are wonderful and those images are gorgeous! Such a wonderful idea to send your cards to OWH!

Lisa Minckler said...

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, YES!!! These are classy, CAS and so elegant and striking! Just incredible the buffet of yumminess you've inspired me with. You are so stinkin' talented!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...