Sunday, January 19, 2014

Playing in my Art Journal

 
 
Welcome to the new linky party that just opened at Make It Monday. We have an old favorite, Bugaboo Stamps, as our sponsor this week and I'm using Silhouette-Butterfly on my art journal page. A big thank you to Bugaboo for supplying the DT with images to create with!
 
I created the background by applying Tim Holtz's wax tissue paper with Mod Podge and using ink spray to add some color. Then I stamped around the edges, added some rub ons, and used a stencil to create the raised diamonds. (I mixed modeling paste with tinted Liquitex ink and rubbed it over a few of the diamonds then lifted the stencil and let it dry). The digital image was distressed with antique linen distress ink and dew drops were added to the centers of several flowers. I love this image and what the butterfly symbolizes-new beginnings. :)
 
 
SPONSOR
 
 
 
Prize is winner's choice of 7 single digi's!
 
 
 
My PICK OF THE WEEK is....
 
 
I love how Nicole colored this image and the beautiful design of her card. It's sensational! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Make It Monday!
 
 
For more inspiration please visit my teamies blogs to see their amazing creations.
Thanks for the visit today. :)
 
Hugs,
Lisa xx 
 

13 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful Journal page. love that striking butterfly.
Cute POTW, a fun image and great design.
Hugs,
Sandy

Chrissy said...

Superb art journal page Lisa..love the colours and dimension of the diamonds..fabulous technique and beautiful butterfly..love your sweet POTW...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

What a fabulous page Lisa, so textural. glorious colours and the butterfly is fabulous xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the back ground for your journal page and the stunning butterfly .
love the colours and design of POTW ,
Nicole's card .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa!! What a fab journal page!! The butterfly is gorgeous & you have surrounded it w/ great textures!! Love the effect with the diamonds !! :))

Thank you sooooo much for picking my Jasmine card as your POTW!! :))
I'm so honored & thrilled that you selected it among all the fabulous entries!! Thank you so much!! :))
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs!! :))

Adventures of a Crafty Traveller said...

Hi Lisa, I love your journal page. Butterflies are my one of my favorite themes, and yours is beautiful. I love the background too.

Rachael :-)

Rene said...

Gorgeous!!!!
Rene :D

lalkygirl said...

What a stunning journal...such wonderful colours and textures....one to treasure ,I couldn't bear to write in it it's just too beautiful
Tracey z

Pia S said...

I haven't seen this butterfly image before, I'm sure I would've remembered, it's gorgeous! I love what you created with it, it looks fantastic against the vibrant orange background!

Rocio De Alba said...

Hi Lisa!

Love your journal page. And it's such a unique entry too. I love all the distressing and color combination.

xoxo
Rocio

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Lisa! Gorgeous art journal page! Love the pretty color palette and all the texture!

Words and Pictures said...

Really love your journal page, Lisa - the butterfly looks amazing against the texty background - gorgeous in b&w!
Alison xx

Sue Lelli said...

Oh I just LOVE your background and that butterfly is the perfect ending to a FAB journal page! Love this, Lisa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...