Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Card in Under Ten



Hello and Welcome!

So glad you are here today, we have a brand new challenge starting at The Squirrel and The Fox and it's Mother's Day. It's time to celebrate mothers everywhere and I made this card for my mom. There are no embellishments on it for a reason, she has Alzheimer's and it is not safe to include them. The beautiful tulip wreath image is by our current sponsor, Doodle Pantry, and it's pre-colored. Since the work of coloring was done for me I was able to put this card together in ten minutes.

This card came together in a snap by using scraps including the punched border. Dusty Concord distress ink added color to the outside of the wreath and a purple gel pen created my faux stitches. Some twine was secured to the back and I stamped I love you on the front and used a Happy Mother's Day sentiment on the inside. I'll be spending Mother's Day weekend with my mom and enjoying some quality time with her. She's the last living parent between my husband and I so we both felt it was important to be with her this year. Gratefully, she still knows who we are and that's such a blessing. 
  

SPONSOR
Prize is a $10.00 gift certificate to the online store.

Thank You Doodle Pantry for supplying the DT with images to create with!


Thanks for looking today, please pay my teamies a visit to check out their creations using digital images from the Doodle Pantry. I hope you'll join us for our Mother's Day challenge and I'd also like to congratulate the Winner and Top 3 of our previous challenge. 

Hugs,
Lisa 

9 comments:

Peanut said...

What a beautiful card, Lisa. I'm sure your Mum will love it and appreciate the time you spend with her. Have a wonderful Mother's Day.
hugs, Asha

Sarah said...

Such a lovely card Lisa and I'm sure Mum will love it! xx

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! The yellow scalloped border looks so beautiful with the pretty blossoms!

Pia S said...

It's a beautiful pre-colored image and it's so decorative, so your card doesn't need any embellishments. It's a pretty, clean design!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa
Such a pretty card and will be appreciated I am sure as will the precious time you give .
Hugs Shirley-anne

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh L1, that's so beautiful! I know how much your mother means to you and seeing her card and knowing that you'll be with her on such a wonderful day of celebration is heart warming. You truly are such a sweet person and I know you'll make your mom's day just perfect!!
Hugs to you and have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend yourself.
L2

Margaret said...

This is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe how quickly it came together for you! I am sure your mom will love it! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with her!

Shirley said...

Wow, this is so feminine and the colors are so beautiful! Lovely and I like how you faux stitched the edges and that MS border is a wonderful color and makes the whole image 'pop'.

Words and Pictures said...

So, so pretty - what a delightful mother's day card!
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...