Friday, October 16, 2015

Mixed Media Girl with Dog



Hello and Welcome!

Most folks in the mixed media world know Andrea Gomoll but in case you aren't familiar with her, she's a mixed media artist from Germany. I love her whimsical creations and when she offered  a whimsical animals class at the beginning of October I immediately signed up. Another bonus was that part of the proceeds would go to help animals in shelters and I'm all for that. The project I'm sharing today is my first of the class yet it's actually from the second lesson. This dog was so cute I just had to jump ahead. ;) Hopefully the barrel around his neck identifies him as a St. Bernard. I definitely need more practice but this will have to suffice for now. ;)

This class-Whimsical Watercolors: Pawfect Furry Friends-is an online mixed media class. Click the link to learn more and if you'd like to test out Andrea's teaching style she offers free classes as well. I think you'll enjoy her fun personality!

Here are a few close ups.


The only time I've ever been around a St. Bernard was in high school. A friend of mine had one and he was truly a gentle giant. So is this guy!

A whimsical girl needs whimsical hair so I gave her a custom color which I call razzleberry pink. ;) I blended Quinacridone Magenta with white acrylic paint and once it was dry I added more color with pink madder lake and middle purple pink Faber-Castell Pitt brush pens. A white Signo gel pen adds  some highlights and using a technique from the class more white was added as well. I just wish I could pull this color off in real life lol. 

The butterfly on her shoulder is not part of the class creation, however I love butterflies so I added one. I used a stamp by Finnabair and colored it with spiced marmalade distress ink. Orange peel Stickles give it some pizzazz as well as a black gel pen.

I added texture to my mountains using stencils, modeling paste and permanent black ink. Also a small piece of washi tape which has 789 on it by Tim Holtz.

Using an uppercase alpha set by Hero Arts and a lowercase set by Recollections I spelled out my quote.  You can see more of the washi tape in the background along with Tim's arrow stencil. 

I love this sweet duo and can't wait to make more projects from this fun class.


Thanks for looking today, have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Lisa xx





4 comments:

Linda said...

This is so adorable. I can't wait to see more of your creations...Linda E.

Pia S said...

Love seeing mixed media projects, but I haven't been very bold with this style myself yet. This is so fun and colorful and I love their eyes, so full of life somehow. Great work!

Words and Pictures said...

What a great picture, Lisa - looks like you're already enjoying the class and the results are delightful. Love that razzleberry hair... I think you might need a shot of whatever's in the St Bernard's barrel to recover after you've seen it!
Alison xx

Peanut said...

Am so in love with this project, Lisa. You truly rock mixed media, which always leave me in awe! And this one with the doggie... that's my Rosie right there in your art! LOVE!
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...