Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Pocket Letters



Hello everyone, I hope your Christmas was a good one. There's been a lot going on in my world lately and I nearly missed posting my last Christmas pocket letters for 2015. So quickly I wanted to share those with you and I'll have my incoming pocket letters on my blog next week.  

The above pocket letter went to my pal in Connecticut, Kristine, and this was our second swap.  

This is what the back looked like before I filled it with goodies. The paper is from Tim Holtz's Merriment collection and it's double sided. 

A close up of one of the mixed media snowflake pockets I created using Studio 490's silver embossing paste and a Dylusions snowflake stencil. So happy she liked it!


The next pocket letter was for a new pal in Missouri and I branched out using non-traditional colors. 

I used Lawn Fawn's blue bokeh paper on the four outer corner pockets and the remaining pockets feature a custom mixed media paper by me. I used Ranger's Glossy coated paper and sprayed Cracked Pistachio and Cherry Pie ink sprays on the background, let it set for a while then rolled a paper towel roll over it to absorb the remaining color. After it dried I added silver stars with a Finnabair star stencil and silver embossing paste. On two of the four corners I used the same embossing paste and a TCW star stencil. Cardstock and chipboard stickers were used on the front and back of the pocket letter to decorate it. The spine has light blue snowflake washi tape on it along with two metal brads and a ribbon bow with a tag.

It was fun to decorate the back of this one especially since it was the only letter I made using these colors. I tucked her goodies in the inside pockets and I'm so happy Charli loved it!


This is my last official Christmas pocket letter and it went to a new pal in Utah.

I created another custom mixed media background paper by using Heidi Swapp's chevron resist paper and Dylusions ink sprays. Then I added a layer of red snowflakes with a Dylusions snowflake stencil and custom mixed texture paste. The house was created using Tim's Merriment paper and square bling to outline the roof. Jolee's Boutique, Recollection and Mambi stickers add some pizzazz to the front. I dressed the spine up with washi tape, burlap snowflake ribbon and a big jingle bell.

This is the back and I added some stamped images / sentiments on each pocket. Her goodies were tucked inside the pockets and before I mailed it out I also added some to the spine. So happy Marsha liked it!


The last pocket letter I have to share today was created for the Cook, Bake and Enjoy! group swap at Pocket Letter Pals. It went to my pal Mary in Florida and this was our second time to swap letters. Since it was Christmas time, and these nutcrackers stickers were begging to be used, I went with a holiday theme. 

I did a lot of stamping on this one and used washi tape on every pocket. On the spine I added washi tape, three gingham ribbon bows and attached two tags with ribbon sample with stick pins and mini clothespins. On the other tag I shared washi tape samples with her plus handmade cupcake embellishments. The copper colander ornament was from Cracker Barrel and I think it's so cute.

We were asked to swap recipes with our pal so I created these individual envelopes to put each recipe in. I punched a scalloped oval and wrote the name of each one on it. Then I filled the pockets with goodies. So happy that Mary liked it!


In total that's four pocket letters and my final four for 2015. 
It's late now so I'll sign off and wish each of you a very Happy New Year.
God Bless, 
Lisa xx





3 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

YUM...love me some Cracker Barrel, but who knew it would look so great on pocket letters!! This is just wonderful what you've done L1. I think all 4 styles are so different and yet each carries such a fabulous memory or tradition or feeling of Christmas. I wasn't kidding when I said you are the Queen of this genre and HOW fun that you created an entire scene on the one with the snowman and house and Santa and reindeer...ADORABLE!
Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Hugs to you,
L2

Margaret said...

Finally getting a minute to pop in and wish you and your family a very happy and peace-filled new year! Your pocket letters are amazing! I love how unique and beautiful each one is!! Hugs!!

Shilpa said...

Looks great
Happy new year

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...