Thursday, May 12, 2016

Disney Mini Album, Part 3

*click to enlarge any photo*


Hello and Welcome!

I'm here to share pages 3 and 4 of my interactive Disney Mini Album. It's been fun this week and we'll wrap up tomorrow with the final two pages. Yesterday I shared the templates I created for building my pages and two waterfall templates which I designed based on the dimensions I needed. You can get to the hidden page where the tutorial and templates are by clicking the link in this post

Once again I have a ton of photos to share so grab a cuppa and let's get started.

We ended on Tuesday with the left page and today we begin with the page on the right. I used a fun dp from HOTP Busy Scrapper's 12 x 12 paper pack and Disney stickers to create this one.

Pluto is on the cover of the flip style album.

 It opens to reveal a photo mat and another Mickey head from the SVG file here that I cut using my Silhouette Cameo.

She can slip another photo behind his ears or tuck a memento in there.

You turn the page to reveal the back side of the left flap (page) and you can see the outside of the right flap (page). I used dp's again from the same paper collection, added some washi tape and clear stickers. On the left side I'll place a family photo that was taken in the Magic Kingdom so that's why I left that place blank. On the yellow mat I'll add another photo as well.

 It opens to reveal a tri-fold page with a large pocket that folds down and on the right there's a photo mat that opens which adds space for 3 more photos. The Donald Duck pocket holds a tag that has a journaling spot on the back of it.

You can tuck stuff under the blue paper and the white mat underneath it. The Mickey head is magnetized so she can place a program, map, etc. and it will hold in place.

I added washi tape to the sides of each page and across the bottom of this pocket. The Magic cut out is from the ephemera sheet in a page kit by HOTP. Two resin stars are Ice Accents by Queen and Co. and the Mickey hat with ears is a sticker. 

The band of yellow Mickey heads is washi tape.

The large pocket and tag front are ephemera from the page kit by HOTP.

When you turn the page this starts page 4 on the right. 

This is the back of page 3 and there's a large pocket on the left side. My daughter loves this paper so it had to be included. Not sure what will go on it but it had to be in here. :)

There's a pocket that has Disney stickers and a heart resin Ice Accent by Queen and Company. I may add large photo mats that graduate in size and tuck them in this pocket. We have some cute photos of Minnie's House before Disney went and re-developed that area. It's kind of a sore subject with her, as well as the Mickey water tower leaving Hollywood Studios, so we'll move on. :( 

 
A close up of this cute pocket, I trimmed the bottom off a 12 x 12 dp by Scrapbook Customs and added it to my black cardstock to form a pocket. The polka dot paper is for Disney by SandyLion and you can't think of Minnie Mouse without thinking of polka dots. Mickey and Minnie make such a cute couple! There's a row of washi tape at the top of the pocket as well.

You turn the page to see this one which features another fave paper of hers with another pocket. I added more stickers and a star Ice Accent, the border punch is Bubble Bath by Martha Stewart.


On the left is this fun interactive page with a small waterfall. The template for this waterfall is included with the other free templates in this post here. I created another large pocket from ephemera, added a photo mat tag with a journal spot on the back. The characters at the top are part of the dp and it's also from the Busy Scrapper's paper collection by HOTP. You can see there's a deep pocket on the left of the page and I used Disney stickers to spell out Minnie Mouse, Golly! and added flowers around Daisy Duck.

Photo mat on the front.

Journaling on the back. 

The waterfall photo album has a magnet closure that's tucked into the wrap I made. I trimmed the Mickey heads from a dp and layered it with white and black cardstock. I corner chomped the corners with my 1/2" We R Memory Keepers punch and added an adhesive button from a Disney sticker pack. A little tip here-determine the length of your wrap on the front, then score a line and another 1/4" from it, to allow for expansion of your photos. 

When you open up the page (forgot to snap a full view of the three pages) you see this in the center. Technically the center page is the base page and it's the one you build your pages from. If you click the link above to see yesterday's post where I shared a free tutorial and templates this will make sense. I used some fun paper from the HOTP paper collection to added it to the front of my deep pocket. A yellow band of cardstock was punched with MS's Ribbon Loop border punch. I love the paper with all of the character's names spelled out in different fonts so I used it as my base paper. Three large photo mats were corner chomped with the We R Memory Keepers Scallop punch.

I cover the back side of each as well so that gives her 6 places for photos or to add a memento like a postcard. We like to collect those everywhere we go. :)

This is the page on the right, another large pocket with a photo mat tag, the smaller Donald Duck pocket is for tucking in a memento.

I added more clear stickers at the top and to the tag.

Photo mat on the front and journaling on the back.

Okay, last page...the page on the left that is...the one on the right is a sneak peek of page 5. I left this page blank on purpose because I have a 5 x 7 photo that will go here of our most recent trip to Walt Disney World in January 2015. We went together as a family and it was our DIL's very first visit. She was 24 at the time and we couldn't fathom that she'd never been so it was a treat that we were all able to go together. I'm thrilled to say she loved it!


I'll be back tomorrow with page 5...I decided to wait and share page 6 next week. Several people have already asked if I plan to share a step by step of page construction so I'm going to do that. I don't have time with travel in my plans this weekend to edit the photos and such so page 6 with a tutorial on page construction will be up on Monday hopefully. Like I mentioned in yesterday's post if you have questions feel free to email me...I responded last night and I'll check again tonight but if it goes a few days without word please understand that right now my schedule is crazy and it's about to get worse. ;)

Thanks for looking today!
Lisa xx










1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

WOWOW! Fantastic album, Lisa. I look forward to seeing the rest of it! This must have been so much fun to put together. Nothing says happiness quite like Mickey! LOL Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...