Monday, August 15, 2016

Mixin' Up Memories



Hi everyone!
I'm back in blogosphere again after an unwanted break due to a nasty norovirus infection that had me down the past week or so. Thankfully this week has started off on a much better note and I can finally share this sweet little cookbook I made for my daughter recently. It features a cutting file from The Cutting Cafe and my custom stamp set that Regina Easter, owner/designer, of TCC designed for me called Mixin' Up Memories. I love it and this is the first of four posts where I'll be sharing designs and sentiments from this set. Later in the post I'll include the link where you can get more info on how to order your own custom stamp if you'd like. I love how recipes unite you with those you love so I definitely wanted the phrase Mixin' up Memories in the set. I also included one of my favorite quotes by Julia Child and you'll see that project next week! You can find all of the latest custom sets as well as regular acrylic stamps sets by visiting The Cutting Cafe Shop.

My daughter is about to start her senior year of college (where did the time go?) and it has me feeling very sentimental these days. I thought it might be nice to give her a holiday cookbook with cookie recipes from family members. The Gingerbread Boy - Girl Template....Cutting File from The Cutting Cafe provided a perfect base once I supersized it. 

Each page was decorated with a different designer paper (dp) and I added red ric rac ribbon on the arms and legs. The recipe card is held in place with a tiny clothes pin so it can easily be removed to see the baking instructions on the back. I stamped the cookie image and a sentiment - Mixin' Up Memories - on the bottom in Sepia and Vermillion Archival ink. As you can see I forgot to color the cookies lol so I'll go back and do that before I give it to my daughter. 

Regina provides cut outs to create your boy or girl but I decided to go with dimensional elements for fun. At the bottom I stamped another sentiment from the set - Family Recipes - in Vermillion Archival ink and placed it in a metal label frame, the brown cardstock on the back will hide the back of my brads. 

I gotta go back and color in those cookies, it's buggin' me.

Another page in my cookbook, it was bound together with a Graphic 45 Binder Ring. I love that she can fold one page behind the other so the cookbook will prop up for easy viewing. 


Here's the link to the custom set Regina designed for me - Mixin' up Memories - which is now being carried in the shop and here's the link where you can learn more info if you're interested in having a custom stamp set made for yourself. All of the instructions can be found there and if you have any questions you can contact Regina directly by using the contact info at the top of the blog.

Thanks for the visit today, I'll have my second project featuring this stamp set next Monday and in the meantime I'll be back on Wednesday with a design team project for ABC Christmas Challenge. 

Have a great day!
Lisa xx 

6 comments:

Felicia said...

Lisa, so good to see you back and so glad that you are making a recovery from that terrible virus!! Take it easy as I am sure your immune system is adjusting as well! Love that project for your daughter! That is the cutest thing ever!! Many blessings for your completed recovery! :)

Regina Easter said...

hey sweetie, so glad your feeling better.... this is beyond sweet.... what a fun project... so perfect for the holidays...hugs

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So glad to hear you are feeling much better Lisa, love this gingerbread man album, so cute.
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Oh no, poor sweet friend... but I'm happy you are feeling better now!
This gingerbread man is toooooo cute. I really love those guys and yours came out so lovely!
What a fun idea to use buttons for the eyes.
Hugs, Katrin ♥

Julia Aston said...

Sorry you were down for the count Lisa - and glad you are feeling better - love this adorable Gingerbread person recipe book!

Sue Lelli said...

Wow! What a wonderful idea! Looks good enough to eat! LOVE it Lisa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...