Friday, January 6, 2017

Clean and Simple with The Cutting Cafe



Hello again!
I'm back as promised with two cards created for The Cutting Cafe's January 7th design team post. Regina asked us to create clean and simple cards with a solid background using the 

and

which are filled with wonderful greetings for every occasion. A simple assignment but as it turns out CAS isn't that easy. Some folks make it look that way but I admit I felt a bit like a fish out of water. I kept wanting to add something to each card. On the card above I embossed the front, die cut a mini globe and backed it with blue cardstock and added a black panel behind my greeting. 


For this card I used 'The sky's the limit' greeting and went with die cut clouds, a 3D kite with twine string and 3 rub on butterflies by Tim Holtz. I was going to stop there but felt the greeting needed something extra so I added some faux stitching. 

By taking a key word out of each greeting and using the 'clean and simple' style you could make several cards to have at the ready. In fact, that's exactly what I did but since some of them are for those who read my blog I'm not going to share them just yet. 

You can see all of the inspiration for these printable stamps sets tomorrow on The Cutting Cafe's blog. On a personal note, I want to congratulate Regina on becoming a new grandmother to Zoe Lani Easter! I know you are going to be a FABulous grandma!!! 

I'm off to enjoy lunch with my darling daughter and continue our Midsomer Murders binge watching while the snow falls softly outside our window. 

Have a great weekend and stay safe on the roads, wherever you are. :)
Lisa xx

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

oh my i can't pick a favorite...love them both so much...your awesome

Creativehobbit81 said...

Such wonderful cards! You are so talented!

Chris P's Minis and More said...

I love the globe card!!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Lovely cards. I like your demonstration of a little layering goes a long way. Good work.
Krista H/dt member

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...